Director of Archives, 2016 – present
Head Archivist, 2010 – 2016
Archivist, 2009 – 2010
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Library and Archives, Cleveland, Ohio
- Established archival program, policies, procedures and disaster plan.
- Created and maintains manuals for archival processing and research, forms, finding aid style guide and workflows, as well as manuals for disaster recovery and response, and in-house conservation for the Library & Archives as a whole.
- Organizes, describes and ensures access to archival and institutional records.
- Manages the reading room; provides reference services and instruction.
- Collaborated with library, museum and technical staff on user interface and functionality of open source digital asset management system (Hydra) and online catalog (Blacklight).
- Customized and maintains Archivists’ Toolkit, edits finding aids, indexes and ingests EAD records in the online catalog.
- Devised requirements lists, workflows and usage cases for the investigation of future integrated library-archives-museum systems for collection management, digital asset management and digital preservation.
- Manages in-house and outsourced digitization projects.
- Co-created local music collecting initiative, NEO Sound.
- Promote the collections and educate the community through programming, exhibits, publications, presentations, National Archives Week activities and social media.
- Identifies grant funding opportunities and writes grant proposals.
- Works with donors to solicit new collections, bequests and additional funding in support of collections.
- Manages stacks, and assesses collection preservation and conservation needs.
- Maintains annual budget for supplies and equipment.
- Maintains LibGuides website and creates new research guides for collection resources.
- Assisted in writing the Museum-wide Collecting Policy.
- Transferred 25-year backlog of collections from multiple off-site storage facilities.
- Supervises 2 FTE archivists and 1 FTE paraprofessional, as well as project archivists and other contractors, student interns, graduate assistants and volunteers; evaluates, advocates for, interviews, hires and trains staff; writes job descriptions.
Marilyn Crandell Schleg Archivist & Special Collections Librarian /
United Methodist Church West Michigan Conference Archivist, 2000 – 2009
Albion College, Stockwell-Mudd Library, Albion, Michigan
- Established college archives and records management program, developing all policies and procedures; revised rare books program and United Methodist Church West Michigan Conference archives.
- Revised and managed the library’s mending and disaster recovery programs.
- Collected, organized, described and preserved the archives of the college and West Michigan Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- Managed the rare books and manuscripts collection.
- Created and maintained college records management program.
- Provided reference assistance and bibliographic instruction for the college and Methodist archives, rare books and library.
- Served as library liaison to several academic departments across the math, sciences and humanities.
- Wrote grant proposals to support the needs of collections.
- Promoted the collections and educated the community through Marilyn Crandell Schleg Memorial Lecture (annual), exhibits, publications, presentations, National Archives Week activities and social media.
- Created and maintained website for Special Collections that included finding aids, policies, procedures, FAQs and online exhibits.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, and supervised 1 PTE, interns and student workers.
Library Technician III / Archival Assistant, 1999 – 2000
University of Maryland University College, Information and Library Services, Adelphi, Maryland
- Created policies and a finding aid for the university archives.
- Processed and managed copyright permissions for electronic reserves.
- Digitized and uploaded e-reserves.
- Compiled and reported on statistics for proprietary database usage.
- Provided virtual reference assistance and technical support for the library and archives.
- Trained and supervised graduate students.
Various other full and part-time work experiences, including :
Preservation Consultant, 2008
Sardony Estate, Montague, MI
Contract Singer, 2004 – 2009
Albion Pro Choral, Albion College, Albion, MI
Student Assistant III, 1999
University of Maryland, Special Collections in Performing Arts, College Park, Maryland
Student Assistant III, 1999
University of Maryland, Performing Arts Library, College Park, Maryland
Student Assistant II, 1999
University of Maryland Libraries, Preservation Department, Conservation Lab, College Park, Maryland
Student Assistant III, 1998 – 1999
University of Maryland, National Public Broadcasting Archives
College Park, Maryland
Assistant Manager, 1997 – 1999
Music & Arts Center, Cockeysville/Timonium, MD
Sales Associate/Manager Trainee, 1996 – 1997
Music & Arts Center, Ellicott City, MD
Assistant Manager, 1995
Follett College Bookstores, Baltimore International Culinary College, Baltimore, MD – 1996
Contract Singer, 1994 – 1995
Trinity Church, St. Mary’s City, MD